December at Old Towne Swing
Class format changes
There’s been a pleasantly unexpected interest in a performance/formations team class. We’re going to give it a go this month. To accomplish this, we’ll be converting the 7pm class to an intermediate/advanced Lindy Performance Team practice. Currently, the only requirement is that students have a decent grasp of their Lindy Hop basics: swing out, 6 count basic, 6 and 8 count circles, tuck turns, Charleston basic, etc. It’s expected that the class leader/follower ratio might be unbalanced at first, but we’ll manage it with plenty of rotations. Performance team practice will only be 45 minutes, so plan to show up early each week so we can make the most of our time!
To accomplish the new class format change, we’ll be switching the 7:45 pm beginning/fundamentals class to an All Levels Lindy Hop class. This is intended to keep things fun for more experienced dancers looking to brush up on fundamentals. It’s also intended to help newer dancers accelerate their progression, as they get in-class exposure to dancing with more experienced dancers.
For location, updated schedule, and regular event pricing, please see the bottom of this page!
We’re having a Christmas Party on December 22nd!
We’re bringing out Dave Stuckey & the Hot House Gang on for our last dance of 2021! Admission will be $20 and will include classes for the night. Please join us!
Before you head over:
- Due to bookings at the Woman’s Club as well as the current pandemic, we are not yet a regularly scheduled weekly event. Please check this website’s “Upcoming Dates” section to verify we will be holding an event before you leave the house!
- If you are sick, we wish you a speedy recovery-at home, not at our dance. Get well soon!
- Guests not wearing masks are self-attesting that they have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Dress comfortably for dancing.
- Capacity will be limited to 200 guests.